Seasonal Story Sheet: Sip, Savor and Slumber in Bellevue this Spring
Visit Bellevue Washington Spring News and Story Angles
- Indulge in Delectable Wine Pairings at Purple Café
- Grill Up Something Great with BBQ Tips from KORAL Bar & Kitchen
- Shake Things up at Bellevue's Blue Martini
- Cypress Lounge and Wine Bar to Join the Farm-to-Table Movement
- Woodinville Wine Tasting Tours from Bellevue;with Butler Transportation
Deliciously Seasonal News and Story Angles from Visit Bellevue Washington
Indulge in Delectable Wine Pairings at Purple Café
Daffodils are blooming, birds are singing, and spring wines are in abundance at Bellevue's Purple Café. According to Wine Director Chris Horn, spring is a time to explore lighter wines to go with the cuisine of the season. Horn suggests German Gewürztraminer with caramelized onion flatbread, or white Bordeaux to balance a salad of grilled asparagus with lemon and a farm-fresh egg. With a wine list that features more than 80 glass and 600 bottle selections, there is an option for wine lovers of all varieties. For more information and to view seasonal menu please visit, www.thepurplecafe.com
Grill Up Something Great with BBQ Tips from KORAL Bar & Kitchen
As the days get longer and sunnier, it's a perfect opportunity to dust off the BBQ and grill up a new and unique recipe. With the help of Executive Chef and owner of Bellevue's KORAL Bar & Kitchen, Bradley Dickinson, you can impress your guests with a simple salmon recipe. He suggests grilling salmon on an aluminum foil "raft," brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Top the fish with thin slices of Walla Walla sweet onions, lemon and a drizzle of vinaigrette before cooking and you're good to go! KORAL offers an upscale menu in a warm and inviting atmosphere. For more information, please visit, koralbellevue.com .
Shake Things up at Bellevue's Blue MartiniGo casual on the covered outdoor patio or chic in the club at Bellevue's upscale cocktail lounge, Blue Martini, located in the Shops at the Bravern. The only one of its kind in the Pacific Northwest, Blue Martini is known for its 42 quenching martinis, served shaken or stirred and adorned with a twist or an olive. Guests can also indulge in an assortment of specialty crafted cocktails; top offerings this season include the Mango Mojito, Cucumber Lemonade and - as always - the famous Cherry Blossom, Muscato and Bellini martinis. With a tapas happy hour menu available seven days a week, ladies night every Wednesday and live music, Blue Martini has "set the bar" for nightclubs and lounges in Bellevue. For more information, please visit, www.bluemartinilounge.com.
Cypress Lounge and Wine Bar to Join the Farm-to-Table MovementIndulge in the local bounty of the season with a skillfully crafted farm-to table dinner hosted by Cypress Lounge and Wine Bar, located in the Westin Bellevue Hotel. On Saturday June 8, the Westin's Executive Chef Ivo Sandrea, will create dishes with local, organic and sustainable ingredients sourced through the farmers and producers of Sno-Valley Tilth, for which the dinner is a fundraiser. Courses will be paired with Gård Vintners wines from the prolific winemaker Aryn Morell. Chef Ivo will announce his menu closer to the date, according to what is available from the fields. Tickets will be available in May through Brown Paper Tickets. For more information, please visit http://www.westinbellevuehotel.com/concerts-at-cypress
Woodinville Wine Tasting Tours from BellevueWashington State is the second largest producer of high quality wines in the United States and Woodinville Wine Country is located just 20 minutes from Bellevue and home to more than 90 wineries and tasting rooms with the highest concentration of 90+ point scoring wines. Two local companies offer inclusive insider experiences that include round-trip transportation from downtown Bellevue:
- Butler Transportation partners with local restaurants to offer a two and a half hour tour of at least three of Woodinville's finest wineries and tasting rooms. With insider relationships, Butler's guests receive access to winemakers and much more. Dinner will follow at participating local restaurant and the corkage fee is waived on the first bottle of wine purchased during the tour. To view a complete list of the tour offerings, please visit www.butlerseattle.com/wine-dine
- Barrel Wine Tours powered by Shuttle Express believes that some of the best wines in Washington are made by the boutique winery. From the grand Chateau to the smallest micro-winery, guests will learn what it takes to make some of the most highly sought-after wines in Woodinville. To view a complete list of the tour offerings, please visit shuttleexpress.com/seattle/tours-charters/wine-tasting/
For lodging and destination information, visit www.visitbellevuewashington.com.